Saturday, June 1, 2013

Food and Ashland on the June 1 Ride (June 1, 2013)

Sunny, low 90s and humid, a good day to ride. This was the start of the ride...around 11 AM on Forest Hill Avenue. I was headed to the Greek Festival on Malvern Avenue in Richmond, VA. I have some other photos from the ride on my Richmond and Me Page, and will have some photos as well on my Photo Page from what was a most interesting day on the motorcycle. Got in some good riding, and had a lot of fun today with visits to some old places as well as some new ones. Nice combination, and a very good day on the bike.  It was a very, very good day to go for a ride.  Went early to escape the worst of the heat.
Went into Richmond, this church across from Monroe Park had something going on. I also went to the newly opened Mellow Mushroom in Carytown after the Greek Festival, and got on the highway for a while to go to Ashland, VA. That is a very cool town.
I had been to Ashland before, it is a railroad/college town, and had a lot of near places to explore. Though I got there via the highway, came back via VA 1 which was a lot more sedate and scenic. I like the backroads better than the highways, plus there is just a lot more to see via that route. On the way back to Richmond, made a quick stop at Richmond International Raceway. Have been there once since I have been here (to an Indy Car race, but they no longer host that series there) but it was good to see it again.
All in all it was a very good ride, saw some places I had not seen in awhile, some new places and traveled on both some old and new roads. It was a great time, and I was certainly glad to get a really good ride in. Looking forward to my next adventures in Richmond, VA.    

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...