Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A Hump Day Ride (June 5, 2013)

 Just figured it was a good day to get out....midweek, 70 degrees, low humidity and there is a big chance of rain coming to the area from a storm in Florida for a few days ahead. So, figured since I had the time, I would get out and ride for a while. It was a good idea. Went to Honda House where I saw this Honda NC700. Interesting motorcycle, and I like what Honda is doing with pricing on the new motorcycles they have some out with. This for instance runs around $7400 brand new...though it can go up as they also have an automatic transmission version for more. 
 This is the CBR500, which runs around $6000...it is a twin and once again a really good price for a Honda. I liked it and once again could have a major impact on pricing. Motorcycles are a lot of fun, but they are (and in fact have been for some time) getting really expensive. I like the idea of bringing the prices down and getting more people into riding, for in my way of thinking...the more, the merrier! Nothing gives me as much joy as riding, and I have a good time on my motorcycle. Not in the market for a new one, but will be someday and when I do some of these Honda Motorcycles will be well worth considering.  
One Honda I really like is this CB1100. It is very retro with an air cooled in-line four and chain drive. It does however have fuel injection and is oil cooled as well. It is a nice blast from the past and this bike runs in the $10,000 range. Not a real powerhouse but it is real basic and really goes back to what some consider the glory days of motorcycling.
Honda has come out with some very interesting motorcycles, and I am curious to see what else hits the sales floor this year. Also of note, there are two other versions of the "500" above- a naked and a NC-700 type adventure bike coming very soon.   
While out though, stopped by Velocity, wanted to check there on some future work. I visit that shop often, as they have some interesting motorcycles, and are good at working on "older motorcycles" of which my 2005 Vulcan (which is seen at right) is getting to be one. Sure has been and continues to be a great motorcycle. Will be due this year though for some preventative maintenance and I plan to do that in the fall/winter. Like to hold off this time of year, as the shops get really busy and you can miss a lot of riding waiting for them to get done at the average motorcycle shop. This though is a very cool place.
Ride was a good one today, enjoyed getting out in some lovely weather, and felt good to have a good early ride on a Wednesday morning in the RVA.

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...