Sunday, November 28, 2010

Brrrr......Late Fall Ride (November 28, 2010)

Got out around 12:30pm on a Sunday, on a cool and crisp day in Carolina for a motorcycle ride. Went to Onemor on Union Street, and waited there for Phil. He and I worked together at the factory in Concord, now he is retired and I am working at the other factory in Richmond, VA. We don't get to ride as much as we would like, but we do get out from time to time. Even though it was cold, as the riding opportunities are not as good as they used to be (with me being there, and the bike being here) you do the best you can with the weather that is handed to you. So bundled up and we got out on the road for a very good ride. Any ride is good when it is a rare treat.
Phil and I rode out to Concord/Salisbury Road and rolled out under the blue skies to NC-152. That took us out toward China Grove, nice place with a house there (though have not seen it yet this year) with a great Christmas display (I have a few Christmas photos on my "Richmond and Me" page taken this weekend in Concord and Kannapolis, with more to come). From China Grove we made some back road rides to Enochville, and though Kannapolis via the Kannapolis Parkway. That last is a fairly new road and is really nice; I can see that being a great development route in the years to come. It is really nice out there.
We came back to Concord and we split on NC-29. I had the fuel light shining brightly, and stopped at the BP for some $3.01 Super Unleaded for the bike. Got back to the house, where I got a cup of coffee (made by my wife Patty), and unthawed after a good ride. It was short, but a nice run down some great roads, with a good friend,and had a very fine time. Can be tough riding this time of year, but with the right equipment (and the occasional stop) riding can be not only possible, but pleasurable as well. I had a really good time and was glad I got out for a while. Better to ride then to think about riding; do enough of that in Richmond anyhow!

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...