Sunday, July 18, 2010

Richmond Verson; Quaker Steak and Lube (July 18, 2010)

A few days ago, in Concord, NC I went to Bike Night at Quaker Steak and Lube. A chain restaurant, has good wings and a large variety of them, also a rather interesting bike night...which you can see the posts of a few photos below. Draws motorcyclists like flies; great bike nights (the one in Concord has something around 900 on a given Wednesday night depending on the weather) due to great specials, bands, a nice outdoor bar, a variety of hot wings, booths with a biker attraction, and the chance to check out the various rides that roll in. A chance to see friends, interesting sights (such as this V-Rod and Grand National) and just to hang out with men and women who ride.
Course, it was not bike ride at Quaker Steak and Lube in Richmond, Va which brought me there. I found out about actually while at the one in Concord, NC a few days ago. Buddy of mine from Richmond, told me it was here so I drove out (unfortunately..for the motorcycle is in Concord waiting for my next return) but I wanted to see it. It is located out at West Broad Street in Richmond, Va, which I found to be a very interesting road with a lot of strip malls, big malls, and other sites of interest. The quest for Quaker Steak and Lube led me to some interesting places while out today in that area; there is a lot of places to see there. This is the main bar with a motorcycle theme at the Lube, and enjoyed it. Much the same, but different than the one in Concord, NC.
This is the main building and found it to be very interesting both on the inside and the outside. I am told their bike night is rapidly growing on Wednesday nights, and if it is anything like the one in Concord, before long it will be a total monster crowd wise. Believe me when I tell you, that few places in my experience do bike night as good at Quaker Steak and Lube does. Usually they have some good specials, and the food while nothing to rave about (for I am certainly no food critic) is not bad. Over the years I have had a lot of good nights and good visits to the restaurant and think this will be no exception. Not sure when I will be able to make one of the bike nights here, but sure would enjoy doing so.

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...