Saturday, July 3, 2010

Charlotte Ride (July 3, 2010)

Real nice day for a motorcycle ride, back in the Carolinas for a few days and could not pick a better one to get out. Low humidity, and actually kind of cool at 9am when I headed out to sightsee "my city" for a change. Early stop was at UNCC (photos of the actual places can be seen on either my "Richmond and Me" page or my Photo Page which there is a link to on this page). This at left is my motorcycle in front of the track and field Center at UNCC in Charlotte. I also rode out to North Davidson, or NoDa as it is known; a collection of restaurants, bars (one called The Dog Bar allows dogs!), and live music places. Enjoyed that.
On the way to North Davidson I passed the 4th of July parade in Harrisburg, which was pretty cool. Lots of floats, bands and police and other motorcycles there. Rode from North Davidson to Charlotte, while there saw a parking garage on fire, that was pretty wild. Went around downtown for a little bit, and then rode back toward University City. There I went by Boardwalk Billy's at the "Shoppes of University" and then to Pat Rogers HD where I saw the custom bike and the XR-1200's there. It was a great ride on a wonderful day, and enjoyed it a bunch. I don't get to ride much, but when I do I try to make it a good one. I hope you have a great time on your motorcycles, and be careful!

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...