Sunday, July 4, 2010

Charlotte Museum of History/Mac's Speed Shop (July 4, 2010)

Interesting Fourth of July, actually went out in the car with Patty on this day, and we rode out to The Charlotte Museum of History, which is located at 3500 Shamrock Drive in Charlotte , NC. Free Admission and being curious brought us there, which was a good thing because it was a very interesting place indeed. Lots of great historical items (and which will be posted on my other blog...Richmond and Me, as well as my photo page). The oldest house in Charlotte (built in 1774) is there, plus many other items of interest are there. Among the displays was a police display of very interesting items of many types. I noted this Outlaws MC jacket, as they have been in the news lately both in Richmond, VA and Charlotte, NC. A few blogs ago I mentioned seeing some bike club members at a bike show in Richmond; got to say in Charlotte I have seen very few if any actual outlaw bikers, though learned from the story in the paper that...yes, they are there. The Outlaws were a common sight in Louisville, Kentucky when I lived there some years ago.

Also at the museum was a display of Motorcycle Police gear as seen here. Looked to be right out of the early days of police motorcycling, but was cool to see those items. I read the other day there is now a police version of the Kawasaki ZX-14 superbike. Police in North Carolina seem to favor either Harley-Davidsons or BMW motorcycles (in fact I have a few photos of those bikes in some of the blog posts here.
After the museum visit, went by Mac's Speed Shop with Patty where I saw this "not quite a car, not quite a motorcycle" at the restaurant. It was Patty's first visit there, I have been there a few times with friends on motorcycle rides. Great BBQ and very biker friendly, and in a very interesting area of Charlotte on South Blvd. A very fine day, though spent on four wheels today. I plan to get a good ride in tomorrow!

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...