Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Aviation Ride on a Tuesday in April (April 6, 2021)

Interesting ride today , got out on a beautiful day on the motorcycle to enjoy the weather. I am actually going to put a few photos on my "Ohio and Me" page as I saw some interesting things today during the ride.

It was not planned to be an "Aviation Ride' but that is where circumstances took me. Made this stop at the National Museum of the US Air Force where I got the photo of my motorcycle and the C-17 on display there. I also got a photo of the "replica"  English control tower from WW2 (they also have real buildings from the War on display) and of course the museum is a popular place for me to visit though did not tour it today. 

Instead I went to the Fairfield Mall of all things, had read a few weeks ago about their aviation displays and they were really impressive. One from Waco (which I have been to in Troy, Ohio) and a replica Wright Model B (and a fine one at that) from Wright Model B. They actually have one that (for a fee) you can get a short flight in. That flight is on my bucket  list. At any case a very good ride, and as noted more photos on my Ohio and Me blog page.  





 

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...