Saturday, August 22, 2020

Friday Cruise (August 21, 2020)

Got out for a morning ride after my wife and I made a trip to the nearby Wright Patterson Air Force Base. Having seen that once again made a ride to the nearby New Carlisle Airport. There I watched this Piper Cub type plane fly around. Once in New Carlisle I got to see the new streetlights going up which are actually pretty impressive, and yes...will have some photos soon. Got out a while on some of the back roads. That included US 40 which is having the annual big yard sale. That yard sale is said to be one of the biggest in the country along the length of that impressive road. Not much for yard sales but I do find that interesting considering the size of it.       
This though was sure nice to get out after the motorcycle being in the shop for over three weeks. Ride yesterday was a quick one, this one made a couple of stops..such as this visit to The Dock. Not open but have eaten at this restaurant in Eton, NC. Interesting little town a few miles from me and has much to offer. I have been there a few times since I have been there to see the Indian mound there, and yes, to eat at places such as The Dock which in my opinion is very good. 

Rode for an hour on this day and enjoyed the cooler temps and the lower humidity. It sure feels great to be exploring the area on two wheels again !      

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...