Saturday, September 14, 2019

Motorcycling to Honda's and Aircraft (September 14, 2019)






Beautiful day to get out and ride. Been blazing hot (90s with a heat index close to 100) the past few days. This morning the humidity is way down and the temperature was in the 60's. A perfect day to ride.
Went out in the country route. Passed farms with cows, horses, a donkey and other animals. I also passed a blue heron and a evil looking Hawk (who watched me closely).
I got into Troy where I got the photo at left from a shop window. I also shot the four other photos below. Its a cool town and a good place to stop for a quick bite. One of my favorite places to visit as it is an old town with some interesting buildings. My wife and I a few weeks ago even went to the County Fair there and had a great time. Always something interesting to see and do there. 


 Made a stop at this Honda dealer which I saw from the breakfast stop at McDonalds in Troy. It was an interesting motorcycle shop and was my first time to visit there. To be honest there are not a great deal of motorcycle shops in this area which kind of surprises me. I do see a lot of Harley Davidson shops(though have not visited any yet)  but while I see various bikes around not many Japanese or European bike shops. I have been and used Joe's Cycle Shop in Dayton and I think highly of them. I did enjoy seeing the new versions of the Honda Mini-Trail and the Super Cub. The Super Cub is the most produced motor vehicle in history. 

 Finally, finally found the Waco Aircraft Company. Of course, it was not open, but knew it was in Troy and have been looking for the location. I figured I would stumble on it, and finally did after multiple visits. I do plan to go back with Debbie during the upcoming fly in. I have a few photos from a walk around. By the way the plane in the last photo is NOT a Waco. Those planes are really something to see.
Anyhow, the ride home took me through Tipp City and New Carlisle on my way home. Made a stop early in the ride and one on the way back to get some things done. Not a huge ride maybe a bit over 30 miles, but a very nice one today. 



No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...