Monday, December 4, 2017

Sunday on Midlothian Turnpike (December 3, 2017)

 Got out for a short ride on a rather nice Sunday. Made a stop by this "work of art" which is actually the local sex toy shop. It was not open (not that I have ever been in there...ha ha) but love the picture painted in front of it.
It was a good day to get out and get some wind between my knees and as always love getting to ride on a Sunday. Traffic is light and that makes for some really good riding in the RVA. Love to see the area and to explore places new and old.

Got out to Westchester Village where I got this photo of the mall Christmas tree. Love this time of year and fun to see the Christmas sights here in Richmond.
Few towns do Christmas quite like Richmond does. They seem to really get into it and some of the lights are really something to see. I took a few more photos while I was out riding of both Christmas things and other items. There was a lot to see and do. Went by the Northrop Grumman building (though they do not make aircraft there at this one) and also another Christmas site along the way.
For those interested I have some local photos of Richmond lights on my "Richmond and me" page and have seen quite a lot of them already this year.
Have not seen as many houses lit up as I did last year though in general. That is kind of sad, though the bigger places make up for that.   
I also got to test out my new gloves. They sell them at motorcycle shops, but I have found the ski shops also sell winter gloves which are anything much more effective than what the bike shops have and at a much lower price. In fact they are  good places to get a lot of winter wear. If it works on the ski slopes, it should work on the road.
As for the ride a great time which covered a distance of 30 miles at a temperature of 45 degrees. Not sure what the wind chill was.

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...