Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Christmas Day Ride (December 25, 2017)

 It was a rather nippy 36 degrees when I headed out on Christmas Day. Wanted to get a ride in on this wonderful day. It is something I like to do, but can't always due to weather or circumstances but was able to this year.
I dressed with some new winter gear I got over the Christmas holiday and was quite comfortable even in the cold. Not sure what the wind chill was...I guess it depended on the speed I was going. Rode out to Oregon Hill and visited one of my favorite local places. Of course, being daytime the lights were not on and believe me this is quite remarkable when they are but still pretty impressive.
I have a photo of this place lit on my "Richmond and Me" page if you would like to see it. Had a great time seeing the Christmas lights of Richmond and still do, day or night.
From here, rode down Riverside Drive and enjoyed that ride. With the leaves finally fallen it really now is a true and wonderful Riverside Drive as you can actually see it.   
I rode back up Forest Hill Avenue for a few miles and stopped at this house. There is also a really remarkable light display and enjoyed visiting that as well. Different during the daytime but still fun to see.
After that headed back toward home. There was very little traffic on the roads and virtually  nothing  was open but that made the ride which covered a distance of 14 miles in all just that much better.

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...