Saturday, December 16, 2017

Mid-December Ride December 16, 2017)

 The year is rapidly winding down, but got to get out a big on a somewhat warm Saturday afternoon. I think it was in the 40's but what the hell..it was sunny and warm enough if you dress warm enough.
Getting real close to the Christmas holiday and that is a very cool thing. There has been snow over the last few days and quite a bit of very cold weather. So this was a welcome change.
I put on my coat and the hoodie under that, the very warm gloves I got last week and even a scarf. Thought about wearing my insulated jeans (got those a few years ago from Bass Pro Shop) but did not think it was that cold...and it was not.
Bike started right up and that was a nice thing..always worry a bit this time of year. Two hardest things on a battery is the very cold days as well as..the very warm days. Still, it was all good and off I went into the wilds of Richmond, VA
 First stop was Isley Brewing Company. There a surprise, just yesterday (tied to the movie) was their new beer called "Mos Eisley" which is based on the cantina in Star Wars: A New Hope. Being a brown ale and brown ale is my favorite it was pretty good. This place is really nice. I have been here a few times in a section of Richmond called Scotts Addition, and this is a nice addition to the local beer scene here in Richmond. One and done and back on the road.
Stopped for lunch in Carytown at Zzaam which is undergoing some changes. Added a tea place as well as a new BBQ restaurant (still have the very fine Korean rice bowls). The BBQ was pretty damn good, I will be back. Did not try the tea. Some more additions there are coming up.
As for my ride just wandered around a bit for the rest of it. As is common this time of year not a lot of miles....total was 20 in all. As I often say though...a short ride is better than no ride at all. This one was a lot of fun on a beautiful RVA day.

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...