Sunday, April 30, 2017

Saturday Ride in the RVA and Beyond (April 29, 2017)

Saturday was a toasty day....during the course of the ride the temperature got well into the 90's. Bright sun and the heat took some getting used to. I got out to see a few things. First stop was at "Woofstock" and it was fun. Miss my dog who passed over a year ago  and good to hang out with many and their people at the mall on Midlothian Turnpike. I like dogs and the people they take care of. There were all sorts of booths and bands as well. It was a good time!
Rode all the way out to Petersburg as there was a restaurant there I wanted to see..but some kind of event was going on in town and with the massive crowd and no parking I passed. Headed back to Richmond and went to the Craft Fair at Hardywood Park. All sorts of crafts and of course....craft beer! Good combination though I was light on the beer park. Still, some neat things and a well attended event. After that, headed home for a few hours.
At dusk bot back out on the motorcycle for a little night ride. Went to see the James River after all the rain last weekend, and it was still up though kind of think it was higher a few days ago based on a few things I saw. Usually see some critters but none really today though one of the neighborhood bunnies was in my yard when I got home. My motorcycle did not seem to bother him, For the entire day just over 100 miles and some very good riding on a Saturday in the RVA.  

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...