Friday, April 28, 2017

Church Hill at Dusk (April 28, 2017)

After a previous weekend of rain it has been a week to the day since I rode last. Luckily, this weekend is looking much better although it will be hot with temperatures in the 90's. That is toasty for this time of year.
Nights are cooler and it was warm today but as the sun was setting got out on the Speedmaster and did a few miles. Here while waiting for the red light, got this photo on Broad Street heading into the Church Hill section of Richmond. Lots of neat things to see there.
My bike is in this photo. A very old section of the city, was told a while back that the elevation of the city saved most of its buildings from the fires that consumed much of the city when Richmond fell to Union forces in the Civil War. Lots of very old places and cool streets. Speaking of those cool streets you need to watch riding on cobblestone as it can be tricky. Luckily (and knock on wood) it has never been a problem-but I do know some who can't say that.  
View from Church Hill of Richmond, it is one of my favorite places to stop and get a photo. I do enjoy riding around this city which has a lot of sights to see and many things to do.
Have been living here now for the past few years and enjoy it a great deal. Looking forward to a really good weekend and have a couple of places planned for a ride on Saturday and also something planned for Sunday. Ought to be a lot of fun.

 This is close to the end of the ride, not far from my neighborhood here. I like seeing the bike at night, don't often ride at night but sure enjoy it when I do.
Started the ride up Riverside Drive and ended the ride the same way. Here I am getting ready to cross over Forest Hill Avenue not far from my house.
It was a real good night to get out. Not a whole lot of miles and in fact was just 15 from beginning to end. Spent a lot of time just putting around and looking at things.
As I noted going to be a very good couple of days other than the heat which will make it interesting. Still, looking forward to getting my knees in the breeze again and will enjoy the sights that are ahead. As always to my fellow riders...ride safe and enjoy the ride!  

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...