Sunday, September 25, 2016

Sunday Putt (September 25, 2016)

Nice ride today....looked like it would rain just about any second for a lot of it, but when it would lighten up. I did not plan to go far, and I did not though the bike was fine. I rode out to Hollywood Cemetery. Had a visitor from Atlanta, and only got to show him a few things last night (he worked all day in Richmond) so got a few things shot and sent to him. I have been there many times and have a lot of photos from there, here are a couple more.
This is from Hollywood....photo of the James River from there. It is a pretty place to end up with some nice views of the area. Peaceful and very historic. As I told Ben, two and a half US Presidents are buried there...2 US and the only CSA President.
Spent a little time there and wandered around a bit both on wheels and on foot. I do love history and today was a good time to do that. Had a busy and aggrevating morning so this was nice.  
Made a stop at the State Capital. Wandered there for a bit. While there I got this photo. Hate to blow my own horn, but this is a damn good photo. Course its a pretty impressive building which was mostly designed by Thomas Jefferson.
While riding I visited a friend and we walked down to an Italian Festival in Shockoe Bottom (just outside of Church Hill). After a visit there, headed back to my house to go to a concert. More on that on my Richmond and Me page tomorrow. I had a great time though, and a pretty fine day.  

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...