Friday, September 9, 2016

Lunch Ride in the RVA on a Hot and Humid Friday (September 9, 2013)

While Labor Day is officially the last weekend of Summer, it does not seem so. Another blazing hot day here in the RVA with a heat index approaching 100 degrees.
Still, it is a beautiful day and I got out on the Triumph early...excited to see what I really think of this motorcycle. At the end of the ride today still under 200 miles (so far) -exactly 192 to be exact. Do enjoy it a great deal though. It is quick and fast and a lot of fun to ride.  
As I did on the last ride on the Vulcan (which I did not know was the last time I would ride it, it was not my intention to buy a motorcycle last weekend) went to Carolina Ale House. We had those in North Carolina (duh) but is a good restaurant with a very impressive beverage selection. It is also a great place to watch sports which I have done from time to time both here and in Concord, NC. Anyhow, a good time time there for a while.  
Had lunch though in Carytown, one of the more interesting sections of Richmond. Some really good restaurants there. My intention was to get some BBQ on West Broad Street but they were slammed at lunch time.
While in Carytown stopped at Mellow Mushroom and got the pizza and salad special with a tasty Guinness Stout. Have been to Carytown a lot over the years and am sure to be there quite a few more times in the years to come.    
Got home and before putting the bike away I cleaned it up (not that it was all that dirty), put a little wax on on it, and some armour all on the seat. Sure is a nice ride. Impressed that the fenders are steel - think that is pretty cool. As I said so far so good.
Will be out again in the next few days...have something special planned for tomorrow and that will be n my "Richmond and Me" page. Thinking about a Monday ride, and giving the destination some thought. Supposed to be a whole lot cooler and less humid. Looking forward to fall weather and the great riding to come.    

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...