Sunday, March 13, 2016

Sunday Ride to Short Pump

 We have had some remarkable weather here in Richmond the past few days...a long period of 70s and 80s. Sadly, I have been sick for much of it though was able to keep working with what might have been the Flu.
However on this Sunday, felt good and though it was an overcast day with predicted rain later on (which did come but thankfully well after the ride) I got out on the motorcycle.
It was a great day to ride, with temperatures well into the 60's and early on stopped near the house to visit one of my favorite places which is The Stone House in Forest Hill Park.
 I headed out to Broad Street and then down that to West Broad Street and went as far as Short Pump Town Center which is this massive mall in the Short Pump section of Richmond. The last time I looked at this scene I was also on the motorcycle but it was December and there was a Christmas Tree here.
The mall exterior in this section has been re-done over the last few months with fountains added and a lot of seating (including rocking chairs).
Traffic on this Sunday was not bad getting there and it was a good ride on a very fine Sunday. I like riding on Sunday mornings, and made a few stops besides this one.
One of the neatest things to find was the newly opened Carolina Ale House. Formerly a resident of North Carolina there was one of these in Concord, NC that I enjoy going to, so it was nice to see this has "followed" me here. Very nice restaurant with a whole bunch of televisions. Will be great to visit here for sporting events.
Likewise on the way back to my house I stopped and had lunch at Zaxby's which is another Carolina restaurant (though unlike Carolina Ale House not sure it is "based" there) but a first for this area.
As far as miles got in a bit over 30 for the day, but it sure put a huge smile on my face today. It has been a fantastic weekend in Richmond on the last weekend of Winter. Spring is officially a week away.  

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...