Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Post Work Ride (March 1, 2016)

Was the third day with temperatures in the 60s...I did not get to ride this weekend, but had a good day at work so got home...got my riding gear on..and hit the mean streets of Richmond.
Started off where I went for a walk last Sunday...down Riverside Drive. That is the James River in the background behind my motorcycle.
Noted the river was up a bit though not over flood stage but high yeah. One of my favorite places to ride and traffic was light though there were a lot of people there at Pony Pasture (I am just past that in this photo).      
Rode from Riverside via a number of roads to Libby Hill Park where this photo was taken. That once (before buildings) was where one of the founders of Richmond saw this view which reminded him of an area called Richmond in his home of England. Hence the name of the city.
I rode here via Cary Street, and through Carytown and a number of other places. Being between 4-6 (start and end of the ride) that was some heavy traffic and at times was a handful. Still got in 37 miles and saw some nice sights and visited some nice places. Next few days forecast does not look real great (even a chance of snow Thursday-Friday though not much expected) so glad I got this in. Had a big grin on my face that lasted some......37 miles.

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...