Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Vulcan in the RVA (February 2, 2013)

 Well...my wife of 23 years has decided that we should split (a new boyfriend helps for her). She always thought I loved the motorcycle more, finally she is right. Anyhow, got a ride with some friends from work (thanks guys!) to Concord on a Friday night, and on Saturday morning bundled up and rolled the Vulcan down I-85 toward Richmond, VA. It was bone chilling cold...something like 40 degrees when I headed out. Though I was very bundled up, had to make a few stops to warm up, such as at this rest area in North Carolina. It was a very good ride though, and sure is more fun than in a car. 
Be nice though if she would have left me in the Spring, she does know I ride! At any case it was colder in Virginia and the clouds were gathering. I stopped at the Micky D's in South Hill, VA where I took the photo at left, and coffee got me the rest of the way in. I made it to where I will be keeping the motorcycle just before it started to snow! (Just flurries though). When life gives you lemons, ride your motorcycle to the beach I always say (though will be a while before weather is prime for that). Going to see some interesting sights in the State of Virginia, and going to do it via the best mode of transportation there is. It is going to be a fun year(s).

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...