Sunday, February 24, 2013

Down the "Lost Highway" (Feb 24, 2013)

Yesterday watched again (for the umpteenth time)  the movie "Wild Hogs" Final song is "Lost Highway" by Bon Jovi, with the lyric "in my rear view mirror, my life is getting clearer", and that certainly describes my life at this time. On a nice day in Richmond, took a ride don the motorcycle around town. Nice to get out, it has been awhile since I have been on the bike, it is after all still winter here in the RVA and between work, the cold and the rain riding has been difficult of late. However, today was not "too bad" though sure looking forward to spring, and the promise of better weather in Richmond.
I rode around downtown mostly, made a stop by Rocketts Landing, where I took this photo of Conch Republic there. Actually I did get a short visit in at nearby Poe's Pub, and got a frosty cold beverage there. I like that place, meet some interesting people there, and today was no exception. Rocketts Landing is an interesting development, when I first got here there was little there, but it is now apartments and condos and a number of really good restaurants have popped up. While I did not go here today, I have in the past, this is a neat place right on the James River.
Friend of mine and his girlfriend are renting this house in Church Hill, which is one of my favorite areas to explore. Lots of cool places there, a lot of history and of course gas lanterns all lit up, as well as cobblestone streets. St John's Church where Patrick Henry gave his "Give me Liberty or Give me Death" speech was made still stands near here. I like being here, and over the next few years will do some serious exploring around here and around Virginia, now that my favorite mode of transportation is here with me.
The change in my life is not of my wish, but dealing with circumstances as they have happened. I plan to make the best of what life, and my soon to be former wife, has made my future, and to enjoy the things here that over the last few years I have found so wonderful. If I am to be exiled from my home,. there are certainly a lot of worse places to be than Richmond, Va. I have been amazed with the quality of the people that I have found here, and I find myself excited about the future to come!  

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...