Friday, January 4, 2013

The First Ride of 2013, January 4, 2013



 First thing I did on the first ride of the year (as with every ride) is to check tire pressure, oil level, and also just give the bike a good "pre-flight". That is always a must do before a motorcycle ride. A bit chilly at first (but got warmer later) and took a stop at McGill Baptist Church for some hot dogs. Always fun, and that is where I met up with Phil for this Friday afternoon ride. Beautiful day to be out after a few days of some badly needed rain (area is currently under a drought), gray skies, and some really cold temperatures. We were off from here to Hendrick Motorsports.  Neat to get out and check out those race shops.
Bike seen here was awarded to Jimmie Johnson, and is a Yamaha but very customized. Most of the drivers who win championships get motorcycles, and this is a nice one. Had a great time at Hendrick and have some photos posted on my "Richmond and Me" blog as well as on my Photo Page.
Photo here is a 2013 Harley-Davidson Wide Glide.Made a stop there before we headed back to our homes. Nice to see some of the new bikes from HD, they are certainly classic designs. Of the Harley line the one I am most fond of would be the V-Rod types, just a big fan of water cooled engines - and the Revolution engine in the V-Rod is the most powerful one they make.
It was a very good ride today, Hendrick is only open during the weekdays, so nice to have a chance to get in and see some of the stuff. I have been there before, but its been awhile. Looking forward to the ride tomorrow-looks like I will get one more in! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great way to start the year, huh? :D Anyway, that Harley looks hot! I love how simple the design is. I’ve been a fan of Harley for as long as I can remember and I’ve seen them make a whole range of motorcycles. Still, nothing beats the classic. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Katelynn Woodbury

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...