Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sunday NC Ride (September 2, 2012)

Another ride on a sunny (so far) Sunday morning, September 2 - rode out to Davidson, NC. Very neat college town (school is very old, Woodrow Wilson, President of the US during WW I went to school there), and a fun place to ride. Just outside of the Lake Norman area, the school is a private (and very expensive) school, and it has a number of small businesses. It is attempting to limit development from larger stores (though there are a handful) there. Nice place to ride around with some neat places to eat and shop (though eating is more my thing than shopping).  
I just like the Cornelius Town Hall, which is just up NC115 from Davidson. Cornelius is a very nice town, though unlike Davidson it is heavily developed. Lots of really nice houses (and you can see one as well as some more photos from the ride on my "Richmond and Me" blog) but a fun place to explore. I like riding around Lake Norman (and in fact did that yesterday). I wanted to get some photos of the lake, but have a few on this blog, and besides, got to ride by some amazing houses yesterday and wanted to share something different on that page. As for this, love the old town halls around here, and this one is one of my favorites.    
This is Interstate Cycle, mentioned it was moving, and will probably do so before I get back to this area again. They sell Yamaha, Star, Suzuki and Victory Motorcycles, and have been at this location ever since I have been in the area. Nice to stop in there and check out the motorcycles, very laid back shop, and I like that. Sometimes I am looking at getting a new bike, sometimes I am just looking at new bikes - though I understand that selling is what they are about, not always wanting to get a new ride (really fond of the current one in fact). This shop is/has been a place to purchase-or to dream.   
Last stop was at Quaker Steak and Lube in Concord. I liked this bike, cause its a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 (little brother to the bike I ride, the Vulcan 1500) and it rotates (is attached to a motor above it) over the bar. Nice place with a motor vehicle theme, this section is dedicated to motorcycles. During the summer months they have a great bike night and when I am in town for it I like to drop by, as it is one of the larger ones in the region. I used to be a regular, but things have changed with the Richmond thing. Richmond though also has one, and they have a bike night too, though have not been out there yet. I hope to before my time in Richmond ends. 

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...