Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day Ride (September 3, 2012)

 Nice day once again, and once more I got the motorcycle out on the road, this time for a short ride around the Concord, NC area. Living as I do for much of the time in Richmond, VA, its good to explore around my home. I made a quick stop at the big massive Z-Max Dragway, which apparently is being used as a staging area for police and buses during the Democratic National Convention in nearby Charlotte, NC. In fact, this has been a big weekend there - already a number of things going on. Other than a quick pass through Charlotte I have avoided it due to all the street closings in the city. 
 I like this place off of Copperfield Road for all the flags. It used to be the phone company, what I believe is a call center purchased the building (Concord Telephone is now owned by Windstream by the way, and they do a fine job with the phones and internet, I am pretty pleased).  Always have wanted to stick the Vulcan in front of that, and did so today. Would have been nicer if the breeze was blowing - not just to bring the national flags out, but also to break up some of the humidity from the hurricane. We have had some good evening storms this week, but thankfully the weekdays were all sunny (if not and humid). Great riding though!
Last photo is a Yamaha R1 which I got a photo of in downtown Concord, NC. Though I know longer ride sportbikes, I still have a fond place in my heart for them, and they certainly were a hell of a rush.
As for me, sure had some great days riding. Best as I can figure over the days I was home, thanks to some great weather, and an understanding wife I got in something around 310 miles (give or take a very few). It was a remarkable four rides - saw some very good bikes, rode with some fun people, and just got out in the breeze which is always a fantastic thing. Weather has not been my friend last few visits home, but no complaints this extended visit.  

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...