Sunday, September 30, 2012

LAst Ride of September 2012 (September 30, 2012)

I had one hell of a week! Work was a ordeal to be endured; especially Friday September 28 with a workday that extended into 1:45AM September 29 (and that previous day started at 11AM). Got a few hours sleep and drove to Carolina. The 29th was a rainy day, and a good day to rest and recover with my two border collies and my wonderful wife Patty.

Sunday was clear and bright, and a bit cool (I love Fall!) and a good day for a ride. Got out on the Vulcan early Sunday morning; when the traffic is light and the air is crisp (at least this time of year). As for mileage did not get but around 40 miles; wanted to spend a lot of time at home before I headed back to Richmond the same day. I did take this photo near Speedway Harley-Davidson (which did not open till noon, and I was further down the road. Went and visited a riding buddy during the course of my ride, and just enjoyed the peace and quiet. Not a big long ride, but a beautiful day to ride - and a short ride is better than no ride at all!
Had a great time, nothing quite takes the edge off like a great ride on a motorcycle, and I am ready to get back to work and give it another go. Looking forward to this weekend, there are a number of events in Virginia this weekend in the Richmond area, but will be heading (weather permitting of course), via car (the bike is in North Carolina) to the Open House this Saturday at Colonial Harley-Davidson in Prince George, VA. That will be my first stop in what should be a very eventful day. Have been to that before and had a very good time last time; course they have a lot going on, and being around bikers is always a good thing. I will be bringing that event to this site with my next post (again, weather permitting) to this site and some other Saturday October 6 Richmond events to my  "Richmond and Me" blog with my next posts. 

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...