Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Richmond Motorcycle Events (a few anyhow)

Enjoying a good post ride day in NC while relaxing in Richmond (previous post), and also enjoyed the new bikes I saw (next post) also in Concord. That was a great time, I am soooo ready for Spring which will offer some of the best riding of 2011. I have been looking for some upcoming events in the Richmond area, though I am far from my motorcycle when here, motorcycling is not far from my thoughts. Stumbled across some fine events in 2010; enjoyed the ChildSavers Ride by the Tuskegee Motorcycle Club of Richmond, Va...but as of yet I have not been able to find any info on the 2011 edition of that ride. Sure that Bike Nights will start soon in the Richmond area, but as of now, not a lot of information on them. Charlotte area events and rides are a lot easier to locate, with a lot more information.
However, I like to bring what I can; and did find a couple of upcoming events. April 2-3 Virginia Motorsports Park will host the 2011 Virginia Bike Fest. Found there will be some drag races, a poker run, and a host of other events; I also think there is a admission fee...think because other than the fact the event will be held, there is little information out there. Will be checking out a local bike shop this week, maybe there will be more information there.
Also on April 3, The Richmond Riders will be hosting a Poker Run which will leave from The Shoppes of Bellgrade Mall which is located in Midlothian, VA. I went to see them off last year; nice group and they ride a variety of motorcycles which is pretty cool. I was once in a club like that in Concord, NC, and we had a lot of fun (broke up when the factory closed, but at one time had over 200 members). Richmond Riders have a facebook page, and I decided to "join" that.
Many of the bike shows that I found last year I stumbled across; two of which were at Hooters. They seem to have problems updating their sites (one in Richmond had events and specials from 2009 and a note that none of the specials and events were current); but a surprise is a lot of fun. Will keep looking, and as I find anything of interest in Virginia motorcycling will keep you posted!

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...