Sunday, August 29, 2010

HIgh Speed Riding (Agust 28, 2010)

August 28 drove some 280 miles from Richmond, to Concord, NC. With Patty at a quilt show event, I got in a ride on NC-601. Like that road, fun to ride past houses, farms, small towns, and businesses. Sort of a buggy ride due to all the livestock there (cows, houses, pigs) and some unusual smells, but a beautiful ride nonetheless. Road up NC 74 to the BMW/Triumph/Ducati dealer. I like that one, and found that is is moving; that my visit was the last Saturday it will be there. Going to a new location in Uptown Charlotte. Nice shop with nice bikes, and I am 99% sure (sure don't know why I did not ask) that the red bike seen above is a Triumph Thunderbird.
Going on down NC-74 (aka "Independence Blvd") went to "Red, White and Brews" Charlotte Harley-Davidson. This is one of the bikes in the bike show, also had a nice band and of course "brews". It was a very good time, though all winding down as I got there. I have more photos on the photo pages of both places, as well as of sights along the way.
Came back to my house via Albemarle Road, and Flowes Store Road; on what was a beautiful day to ride. Always some interesting sights; had done much of this route a few rides ago, and still saw things I had not seen. Riding a motorcycle in Carolina is a fantastic experience, and one I hope to do some more of over the next few days. I also will be watching the MotoGP race today at Indy, which will be on the Speed Channel at 3PM. Looks like another good motorcycle weekend for sure!

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...