Saturday, October 11, 2008

Ride to Lowe's Motor Speedway

Always enjoy riding the motorcycle, and today was a very good day. Today, rode out to Lowe's Motor Speedway to see the events going on prior to tonight's Bank of America 500. Going early they had just a few things going on, a very light crowds, so it was nice to wander around. I don't live but a few miles from the track, so it was a short drive. Sure a lot of cool things to see though. Like the cars, the displays, the trailers filled with driver items (shirts, hats, etc), and of course a lot of tv people around. I make one of the races every year; earlier this year I was at the All-Star Race, which was a great time, and enjoyed it a great deal.

After a while there, went for a short ride. Certainly a nice day, humidity is gone (hopefully for the year) and even seeing some of the leaves falling around the area. I am told that fall colors are pretty close to peak in the mountains, and a ride there is part of my plan for the vacation week which is coming up starting October 20.
There has been a lot of bad stuff going on lately; a bad accident to a worker in my area on b-shift, the fact the plant is closing in the next year or so, the stock market and the economy tanking. However, a fine fall day, out on the roads of Concord, blue skies, and the breeze from my motorcycle put a big smile on my face today. I hope you have some great rides as well!

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...