Thursday, May 7, 2020

Waco Ride (May 7, 2020)

With the upcoming forecast calling for a period of below normal temperatures which includes a freeze over the next night or two along with a period of rain, decided to get the motorcycle out. I ran to Lowe's in the car earlier to beat the crowds. On that trip I pretty well was one of the few people there. Rode past there during the ride and noted the parking lot was full. They are allowed to open, but most of the mall stores are not. I have some photos on my "Ohio and Me" blog page. I rode out to The Waco Aircraft Museum which is closed. All the museums are for the present time. Went there a few months ago and had a great time.       
Waco was a big part of Troy, being a very important aircraft factory. Waco aircraft were very successful for a long time. The event I went to was a fly-in there (the museum also has a grass airport) as the planes are still very collectable.
Troy is a nice city and a fun place to explore. My visit today was short but still nice to see it and to check out the sights. The other part is that it is just a very fine ride. I rode out there via the highway, but came back via the backroads. Nice to get out past the farm animals, past the farms, and through a few small towns. That is a big reason why I ride.
It was a little cool but beautiful blue skies as you can see, and traffic was not too bad at least on the backroads. The highways were a little busier.
I covered some 47 miles on the ride today with  the stop at left being  one along with the photo stop at the top. Plunty of fuel and lots to see. Nice to get out and get my knees in the breeze once again.     

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...