Thursday, October 25, 2018

The Big Ride Part 1 -Richmond to West Virginia (October 22, 2018)

 Due to weather this year have not ridden as much as I would like. That changed on October 22. Will be moving with my wife to the Dayton, Ohio area...new roads to explore with a wonderful wife. Had to move the motorcycle. Seemed like the best way to do it, was to ride it. So bundled up and headed up and into the mountains for one last great ride in Virgnia. I got going at 10am and made a favorite stop at Afton Overlook at the Blue Ridge Parkway. It was about the 1/3 of the way point of the ride. Weather was absolutely perfect.
 For a change I bundled up well. Made some nice stops along the way. The motorcycle was perfect and handled the ups and downs of mountain riding perfectly. While chilly I had just about the perfect combination of riding gear on, and had no discomfort during the 330 miles of riding I got in for the day. Took a good number of breaks and took time to "smell the coffee" during the ride.
Funny thing, as I pulled in so did a BMW rider also out on the road. Debbie and I have stayed in this Sleep Inn hotel a few times in the past, and thought this stop in Cross Lanes, WV would be a great place to relax for day 2, and indeed it was as always. I highly recommend this hotel if you are in the area. Got a great nights sleep!   


No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...