Friday, May 11, 2018

RVA Bike Night (May 9, 2018)

First bike night I have gone to in Richmond, before this was not able to as I worked 12 hour days (getting off at 7) and the mornings came really soon. With the change to retired I was able to go. Pretty interesting as it was held in the parking lot of mission BBQ. A lot of really interesting motorcycles were there including mine which is behind the Yamaha V-Max which is in front of my Speedmaster.   
It was a good time. Different as the only concessions were in the restaurant and not any vendors so different than ones I had been to in Kentucky and North Carolina. Still it was a lot of fun, and according to the site there were over 500 bikes. Lots of interesting motorcycles to see and certainly covered a lot of periods from the very old to the brand new.. Even a Honda Turbo 650 (original) was there directly below.
It was a good time. After my visit there, went back to the house via the long way. Nice ride at dusk (stayed at the bike night a bit over an hour). Rode down Riverside Drive looking for deer but did not see any on this ride. The headlight was just cutting the early night dark when I got home. As far as distance it was not a great deal but would add to that the next morning when I got the motorcycle out again for a morning ride. 

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...