Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Friday Ride into Spring (May 25, 2018)

 Turned out to be a good day to get out on the motorcycle, following a week of some of the heaviest rain I have seen in the Richmond, VA area. Estimated rain was between 8-10 inches officially. Lots of roads were flooded but by May 25 the waters had receded.
Here is a photo of my two vehicles. I find it interesting that the British owned and designed Triumph Speedmaster was built in Thailand, while the Japanese Honda Civic was built in England (the motor in Thailand). Got that last info from the cars window sticker. 
Ride was outstanding. I headed out of the city and rolled down VA 6. A very scenic road it rolls into the city of Goochland. That city was named for Sir William Gooch who founded it in 1728. Small but interesting city. What is at left is the Old Jail. There was an older one apparently but i was burned down during the Civil War.
Ride I took covered 63 miles and on the way to Goochland I saw two deers run into the road but they quickly ran back. Ahead of me at the time was a truck. It was a hot humid day but a nice ride with zero problems. I enjoyed it a great deal. 

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...