Sunday, March 26, 2017

Return to Yorktown (March 25, 2017)

 After a morning at the Church Hill Irish Festival (seen on my Richmond and me blog) got on the bike for the ride to Yorktown. Rode there via VA5 which is a great road and one of my favorite rides. There were a lot of motorcycles out enjoying some remarkable weather with blue skies and temperatures in the 70's. A great day to get some wind in your face. There were a lot of people there but it was not packed to the gills like I have seen a few times when there.    Always like this bridge. Made my usual stop at the monument there (the site was the end of the Revolutionary War) and a short stop at the Yorktown Pub which is always worth a stop. Wandered around a bit and then headed back down the road. Went back via the very bumpy Highway 60. Hoped it was in better shape but was much like my last ride back from Yorktown.....a bouncy mess.
 Did make a stop at the Richmond International Airport where I saw some of the remaining planes from the former museum there. An A-7 at left, and a F-14 Tomcat behind the fence at right. There were also two Navy trainers passing through and got a photo of them (there is one behind the one in the foreground. It is a T-45 Goshawk which was built from a British design. For that matter, so is the motorcycle in the foreground of the two planes which is what I now ride.

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...