Saturday, November 12, 2016

Veterans Day Ride (November 11, 2017)

Veterans Day I made it a habit to visit the Virginia War Memorial which is not far from my house. A wonderful place and I have certainly met some amazing people there. This is a very nice place to remember those who served and especially those who gave all. I served in the US Navy from 1975-1979 and was very proud to have done that. It was a lot of fun and I met some remarkable people who I am proud to say are still many of my best friends.
After a visit there and a walk to see some of the amazing displays (and some photos from previous visits can be found in many of these pages) I got out and rode for a bit. Was running through town, it was a nice day to ride. Temperature was around 65 and is said to be the warmest day of the weekend (though Sunday should be close to that if a little cooler).
At any case, rode some around Richmond and then headed to Mechanicsville for a short bit. There are some really nice roads there and I enjoy riding in that area.
 One of the places I rode to was Cold Harbor Road. Lots of great roads there and also some notable battlefields. I did stop at Gaines Mill which is seen directly below.
After the ride went to the Triumph shop. Looked at some of the 2017 Triumph and Moto Guzzi motorcycles that have come in, but had to take a moment to see my old motorcycle. The Kawasaki Vulcan is looking pretty good...they got her all shined up. That bike was my ride for 11 wonderful years and I have to say no complaints. That said though, sure having a good time with the Triumph. Change is often good, and sure enjoying the rides I have been taking on the new bike. Seems like a good purchase. Taking me back to the things I loved about riding with this bike. Fun to try something with the Triumph name on it.

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...