Sunday, October 9, 2016

Triumph -First Service (October 7, 2016)

Friday October 7 got the first service done on the Triumph Speedmaster at Scoot Richmond. Total cost was $232.78. Got the oil change and they also went over the motorcycle. Mechanic told me they "did some work" on the throttle bodies. So far no issues with the motorcycle and I have no complaints.
 The service did take a while, though I had a two PM appointment it was much later due to problems with a previous motorcycle that was there before me. I went to Legend's for a bit, had a couple of frosty beverages while I waited and then hung out at the shop. Was no big deal, as I did not have much planned for the day.
Good to get this done and I am set for the next 7,000 miles.
Oil that went into it is Synthetic, and that is really good. Always wanted to use this on the Vulcan (but never did). This bike was my previous (if you have been following this page you would know that) and traded it in on the Triumph. Actually think I got a good trade on it price wise. This bike will be the one by which the Triumph is judged...only one problem with it in 11 years of ownership. That was a thermostat that went out in the cooling system. The Vulcan ALWAYS got me home. Was never left stranded.
Interesting motorcycle here. Moto Guzzi "Flying Fortress". I imagine though not sure it is named for the WW2 Boing B-17 bomber flown by the US Army Air Force. Great plane and this is certainly and interesting motorcycle. Big heavy thing by the look of it.
Moto Guzzi uses a interesting engine arrangement on their V-twin...coming out of each side. Made in Italy and not a lot of US dealers, though what can I say...I have a Triumph now.  
This bike caught my eye. It is a Yamaha RD350. I had one back in 1973-74 and got to say that was a fantastic motorcycle though I did not have it very long. Replaced it with a Kawasaki H2 and sold the Yamaha to a friend (who tore it up in no time. It was quick and fast...a twin two cycle engine powered it. Was for the day one of the quickest and fastest things out there. Shocked the crap out of many a Harley owner who made fun of the engine sound, came away a believer when the light changed. Also defeated many bigger bikes when raced on the AMA circuit back in the day. Many of the National Champions rode these bikes.
Oil change and service happened a little short of 600 miles, and when I got it home mileage on the clock was 550. Essentally broke in (only supposed to limit full throttle operation until I hit the 1000 mile mark). Will be interesting to see what the fall brings...hope to get some good rides in and will document those rides here. Hope you get to come along for the ride!

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...