Saturday, October 15, 2016

Fall Ride to 600 miles (October 14, 2016)

Went out on a ride on a cool Friday. First real ride after the post "600 mile' maintenance, Actually according to Triumph it was due at 500...the shop said 600, so I ended up in the middle at just under 550 miles. When I brought it home from the shop had exactly 550 miles on it.  Was a good time with vacation this week to get it done. Debbie has been visiting so have not been out much, but got a short one in. So saw this scene at Stony Point Fashion Park...fall color at last!
 The new owners of the mall are redoing Stony Point...going to improve it to bring more people there. Hope so, for it is (among other things) the most dog friendly mall in the area.
Rode a bit more on my quest for 50 miles, and stopped at this church. Many of the churches in the area sell pumpkins...was not equipped to carry one but like a good fall scene and this made for a good photo....so I took it. Love this time of year a great deal, and it is probably my favorite time to ride.

Ride was real good. I think the temperature was around 60, had on my coat and gloves. Probably when I am dressed safest for motorcycle riding (except for probably winter when I am almost armored with all the layers I have on).
Came to the train tracks near my house and got this photo.  I was pretty impressed with this one though it was mostly luck in that I snapped it as the train was coming.
Bike now is officially broke in...the only warning from the manual from 500-1000 is to "limit full throttle operation" which is probably always good -not just for the motorcycle but to keep from having close relationships with the police.
Runs real good though. I enjoy riding the curvy roads a lot better and with more horsepower over the Vulcan as well as a lot less weight it s a lot more motorcycle feeling than my very good former bike was. That said very happy and grateful to Kawasaki for building me a very awesome machine that served me so very well for 11 wonderful years. Looking forward to the next ride on the bike in the very near future.

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...