Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Ah 80's (March 11, 2014)

 Short but sweet post....Tuesday was the warmest day in the RVA since sometime in October (they said the date, but I forgot) but was just wonderful. I wore a "hoodie" but to be honest did not need it. Seen here is the Vulcan on Jefferson Davis Highway (at a red light) just short of Colonial Heights, VA. I went way out, just hammered down I-95 to just before the I-85/I-95 split about 25 miles from my starting point. Nice ride down the highway, even better down Jefferson Davis. Traffic was heavy on the expressway, but better on Jefferson Davis and it sure was a wonderful ride. 
I rode all the way down that road, finally ending up at Legend Brewing Company for a (and I mean...one) cold beer. They have some really tasty beer, but was able to relax and get out for a few minutes and enjoy the view from the deck.
Got back on the bike and rode out to put the bike up...a short little ride. Once again passed a whole lot of motorcycles; there were a lot of people taking advantage of this great weather. While an early taste of spring (we might even get a little more snow before the week is over, colder weather for sure) it was fantastic and really makes me hungry for Spring.
For the record, got a grand total of 49.5 miles with the beer stop and a two hour (from 4pm-6pm) ride time. I am hoping though to do better and maybe even as soon as this weekend. All I can say is it was a great time, and I am still smiling from the ride!  

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...