Tuesday, December 31, 2013

So ends 2013 (December 31, 2013)

 So ends 2013, not the best year of my life (in fact in some respects the worst hands down) but it also had some high spots. Lost a wife, but gained a really good girlfriend who rides, got though thanks to family and friends, and of course have this very good dog. I am looking very forward to 2014, doubt it could be worse (and sure hope it wont). Went on some good rides, plan to do more of that in 2014. Hope you all have a very good 2014 as well.
As for Dec 31, weather was good, sunny and temperature was in the 50's. I dressed for it, and was quite comfortable as I rode into Richmond.
Made a stop at Buz and Ned's, one of my favorite places to eat in the Richmond area, and some of the best BBQ I have ever had. They have two locations in the city, one in Short Pump and one on the Boulevard (which is where I went to today). Good BBQ and a (as in one, Im riding) Cold beer. It was a good idea, and some good food. Traffic was not too bad getting into Richmond, which was real good.
I like riding in Richmond, lots of old buildings and some interesting stuff to see. Do have to keep your eyes on the road, as traffic can do some interesting stuff, plus the road itself can be filled with potholes.
Still, its a lot of fun riding around here, fun on a cool sort of day. While I dress warm, speed can really up the wind chill factor, so not a day to get out on the highway, but around town and up to day 50mph it was not bad at all.  
 This is the building to the Washington Redskins training camp, Next year they will have a new coach. My two favorite teams are the Chicago Bears and the Carolina Panthers, but I went to the training camp last year and will go again in 2014. 
Football is my favorite sport and the training camp is fun. They did have a huge crowd last year, I think they will be here at least for a total of 8 years (something like that) but will see them there in the summer.
Sure is cool having that in the RVA....Carolina camp was in South Carolina, never got to go there.
This is the Confederate White House, lots of Civil War things in Richmond, and this one is one of the interesting things to be seen Jefferson Davis lived here, and when he left as Richmond fell, Abraham Lincoln took it over during his visit to the recaptured American city. This is part of a museum there, one of many in the Richmond area. There are also a number of nearby battlefields. Sure I will revisit some in 2014, also planning to get out to the mountains in 2014, plus...well sure there will be some fun and interesting rides. Have ridden in Richmond less than a year and for me its all new motorcycle wise. Did all my motorcycling on the Vulcan prior to this in the Charlotte, NC area. At any case, hope all of you have a great 2014, and enjoy many great rides, or adventures of your own if you don't ride. Thanks as always for visiting my page, look forward to hearing from some of you, and wish you all the best in the upcoming year. May 2014 be your best year ever!     

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...