Sunday, July 14, 2013

Repaired and Ridden (July 13-14, 2013)

 So....had an oil leak on the Vulcan; a slow one, but a leak nonetheless out of the left engine cover. I put the bike in the shop on Tuesday July 9. Just like the inspection drove to where I keep the bike, rode it to Ultimate Cycle on Midlothian Turnpike and walked back. Did not think based on other shops (and was sort of told) it would not be back soon. However, got a surprise. The bike was done early....got a call on July 18 that it was done. In fact, I had them do a little more maintenance work on it, cause the price was lower than I expected. On Saturday July 13 Kaye took me to get the motorcycle. 
It was done, paid for the repairs, and got the bike. I also took the photo of the C90T by Suzuki at top (a very cool touring bike) and the photo of the bikes at the bottom photo.
I got a good feeling that when I am in the market for a new motorcycle that Ultimate Cycle is right at the top of the list. They were fast, the work was done right (in fact I think they cleaned the bike and also made a few other adjustments at no charge), and glad to be back on the streets of Richmond again. I did not get to ride much on Saturday, took it from the shop to storage due to weather.   
On Sunday July 14 though I did get a ride in. Here is the Vulcan on Midlothian Turnpike. It was a hot and humid day, but a real good ride. Went to visit a friend (Keith by name) down on Hull Street (we went to  Buffalo Wild Wings and also Guitar Center) and then I rode down some different roads to my neighborhood (got a smoothie at Crossroads Coffee) and then into Richmond.
Rode to Church Hill, around there for a bit, back into downtown before crossing the bridge and back to where I store the bike. It was a great ride considering...and came real close to 50 miles. Looking for some real interesting rides in the days to come, once the weather gets a little bit better...which is hopefully not far down the road!

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...