Saturday, July 28, 2012

Motorcycle Shops...something old/something new (July 28, 2012)

On a very hot and humid Richmond day, went to Velocity Motorcycles, which if not my most favorite, it is one of my most favorite in Richmond. There is always something interesting to see there. For instance, take this Honda Hawk (believe its a 400cc) bike. Unique in that it is an automatic, and was one of the first of the breed (there have been a few others over the years) and they are starting to get more common in motorcycles (have been the norm for some time in scooters). I am kind of old school, like to shift gears, but if it gets more on two wheels, I am all for it.
 Richmond does not have a Ducati dealer, but always quite a few of the brand at Velocity. The one at the top (in the window) is fully tricked out for racing, and though dated has a price tag just north of $16K. Many of the bikes there, such as the Ducati below it, can be had for a lot less. There were a lot of bikes there during my visit to the shop. Velocity also rents motorcycles, and has a lot of other things to offer. They are located in Richmond, VA on West Marshall Street, check out the Velocity Motorcycles web site for more info. 
I read that this bike would be out in "Summer 2012" and here it is...the 2012 Honda NC700X. Powered by a water cooled twin, chain drive, lots of storage space under the seat, chain drive and a six speed gearbox. It is even available in a semi-automatic version. It starts at $6,999 and Honda claims it can get some 64 MPG. I will be interested to see how this bikes does in the market, and think it could be very worthy competition to other like bikes in the market. Took this photo thru the window, it was at Honda House in Richmond, VA (on West Broad Street which had closed at 3PM ( I was there a little later on in the day. 
Few things go together like bikes and barbeque either in North Carolina, or for that matter in Virginia. One of my favorite places to eat in Richmond is Buz and Ned's. They have a couple of locations, but i like to eat at the one on The Boulevard in Richmond, VA. They are real proud of the fact they were able to beat the legendary Bobby Flay in a cookoff. You see that in the shirts the employees wear, and the film shown on the tv quite often. All I can say is it is really good barbeque here in Richmond.
The bike in front with the tag "BuzHog" is a Harley-Davidson V-Rod. It seems to be in that same location all the time, but I can not say that it does not ever move from that spot. Buz and Ned's has dining inside and out (I like to eat outside even in this heat) and it is outstanding barbeque. By the way, I do not get compensated for putting that on here, I just really like the food. When I have visitors to the area, I like to take them here as one of the stops.
Anyhow, a nice weekend spent looking at some bikes...next weekend I plan to get out and enjoy riding mine in the Carolinas. Ride safe, and will see you in a few days here!    

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...