Saturday, May 19, 2012

Two Bike Shops in the RVA

 On a sunny day in the RVA, and my motorcycle some 280 miles away (but a long weekend coming up very shortly) I went to Colonial Harley-Davidson. Yeah, that is a Triumph Rocket III cause sometimes the most interesting motorcycles are seen in the parking lot. That is a remarkable bike, and has the largest of the major motorcycle manufacturers engines on it (2294cc, or 140 cubic inches) for the bigger is better crowd, this is the mack daddy (though you can get some things bigger if you look). A fine motorcycle though from Triumph, which has come back from the dead a few years ago and is going gangbusters. 
 This...is Colonial Harley-Davidson. The iconic American motorcycle manufacturer, and they make some amazing motorcycles. Colonial is a very nice dealership and I enjoy going by there (though it has been a bit since my last visit). They have a nice selection of bikes, and some really fine people work there, plus you see (as noted above) some really good motorcycles that come to visit (and not all HD bikes). I like Harley's though to be honest I have never owned one Rather pricy, and frankly (other than the V-Rod line) not as modern as I would like in a bike, but they do have the most rabid of riders in all of motorcycling.
 Went by Commonwealth Power Sports where I saw this Kawasaki Voyager next to a Honda Gold Wing. Like the Voyager...to be honest, many people get "retirement cars" when  they retire, I have a two wheeled frame of mine in that regard. .Real fond of Kawasaki motorcycles, as I currently ride a 1500 Vulcan Classic .Like this Voyager with the 1700cc V-twin, and loads of storage space for those long road trips. This is a bike you could take from coast to coast. Water cooled, and a nice touring bike for sure...I could see me and this motorcycle taking a cruise up the Pacific Coast Highway, or just rolling down the Blue Ridge Parkway. 
Commonweath Power Sports in Richmond, VA seen below. Nice time there, had a great talk with a salesman. Dude was from Winton-Salem, where he has a house, apartment here...as he said "Have to go where the jobs are". Sounded in all that a lot like me, find myself in the same boat. As for the dealership they sell, Honda, Kawsaki, Yamaha and Suzuki motorcycles. Have not been to either Colonial or Commonwealth for a while but enjoyed my visit there today, and great to see some of the new stuff out in the world of two wheels. When you can't ride, nice to be out among the bikes. Course that is not all I did...saw some other interesting things, and those can be found on my "Richmond and Me" page. A very good day today indeed!
 

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...