Saturday, April 21, 2012

Riding with the CVR (April 21, 2012)

Got a message that the Charlotte Vulcan Riders were heading out on their "Mid-Month Ride", and seeing that I am still in the area, and enjoy riding with those guys (though get to do it very rarely due to my schedule) I met up with them at RideNow in Concord, NC. While there, checked out a new bike, this being "The Judge" by Victory Motorcycles. Nice bike though I find them a bit expensive, and as I noted as one drove by they sure have clunky transmissions (though have a good warrenty on them, so must be pretty good). Think this is a sharp ride-also comes in orange!   
Here are some of the guys , nice bunch and we have been on some really good rides. Club was put together a little over three years ago (which was the time I started doing the Richmond thing that I am still doing). Went on the first ride with them, and whenever schedules work out, I get out with them. They have been on some good rides, and have hosted the National Vulcan Rally for two years (though will be in Iowa I think for 2012). They do a lot of charity stuff too, and frankly they are a blast to run with. I will be glad when this whole Richmond thing is over-looking forward to doing some riding with them on a regular basis.
They went to the Webb Road Flea Market, that place burned down around a year ago, and has been both completely rebuilt and updated. There is a bunch of cool stuff there, lots of motorcycle and many other types of items, its a remarkable place indeed. Many of the motorcycle things are much cheaper than you would find in a bike shop. Trike you see here is based on a Vulcan, though you have to get a kit (a number of places make them) to make it a trike.
I could not stay too long, this being my last full day in the area before heading back to Richmond tomorrow, want to spend as much time as possible with the family. It has been a great week of vacation, did a lot of fun things with Patty, Robby and the dogs. As for the motorcycle, got in some good rides, and went to some really fun places with some really outstanding friends-and those are the memories that will keep me keeping on in the days and weeks to come. Hope your rides are as good, ride safe!    

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...