Sunday, April 1, 2012

Motorcycles in the RVA

Went for a walk on the last day in March, but did get this photo of this biker (and a friendly wave) as he and a friend (on another bike not seen here) rode past me at Forest Hill Park in Richmond, Va. Have to do the four wheeled (or on foot) thing here in Richmond, but I do enjoy seeing motorcycles out and checking out some of the motorcycle events and the shops here in this city. Colonial Harley Davidson, Universal Cycle on Midlothian, Honda House, and especially Velocity Motorcycles are some of my favorite shops to check in on. I also enjoyed last years Hog Rally and always liked the start of the Childsavers Ride (which I don;t think was held this year.    
Saw this fine looking Honda 600 Shadow while out walking at well (also on March 31). A Honda 600 (mine was black) was my previous ride before getting my current Kawasaki Vulcan. The 600 was a great bike; had mine from 1998-2005 and in all that time never had any sort of mechanical problem in some 36,000 miles (of course the Vulcan is closing in on 24,000 and I can also say it has been stone cold reliable). I always have been big on preventative maintenance and it has really paid off.
Spring is a really remarkable time to ride, and there are going to be some fun rides coming up. I will see you on the road very soon!    

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...