Sunday, August 7, 2011

Ride to Uptown Charlotte (August 7, 2011)

I took a ride to Uptown Charlotte on Sunday August 7. One of my favorite towns, and until the recession hit, it was one of the fastest growing cities in the US. Nice to explore on a Sunday, I got off the bike and took a walk around the area. Charlotte is a beautiful place, and a place where change happens rapidly and sometimes it seems without warning. During my walk, saw a few places that were brand new under construction, and that is not uncommon to find in that city. I love the big buildings, and enjoy seeing what is new. Charlotte is a city where many people both live and work downtown (or Uptown as the locals call it) and that makes for an interesting vibe.
I took this photo from the bike at Bruton Smith Blvd and NC 29. That is the intersection where Charlotte Motor Speedway is located, and that is the sign to it at the right. Unfortunately while in Charlotte, I started to have some electrical problems with the motorcycle. I talked quite a bit in previous posts about the importance of maintenance, and it is. However, sometimes things just break. Thankfully, the bike did get me home, though once home it did not start again. It could be a battery problem, though not sure at this time. For sure, being an electrical problem, it will be going to the shop for these repairs, and I will be reporting on what they find and (hopefully) fix in a future report. For the time being though, the riding is done for a bit.
Another view of one of the big buildings in Charlotte, NC. The city has had some remarkable changes over the years I have been there. I have more photos both on my Richmond and Me blog, and also on my Photo Page, a link to which can be found on this page. Thanks for visiting my blog, I enjoy sharing it with you!

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...