Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Home again in NC (August 20-23, 2011)

Had a good time in North Carolina. Took this photo of a pair of Harley-Davidson motorcycles (and one rider on the phone) at a rest stop on I-85 on the way to my house. There, finally got my bike in the shop. Problems have been rare, and I do the vast majority of work on my bike, but an electrical problem cropped up, and that will require an expert look. For the time being, I will be looking at motorcycling outside of riding. Hopefully it will not be a huge financial hit, and won't prove to be a major problem. Unfortunately, it does not seem to be the battery. Hope to be back on the road soon with the bike though, looking forward to some great fall rides.
On the way back, passing though Salisbury, NC saw this trio riding down I-85 on a quiet August 23 morning. Did read some interesting articles in Motorcyclist this month ( they have a great web site, I also subscribe to the magazine) that Harley is considering adding watercooling to its air cooled bikes. The bikes will retain the look, and the water cooling will be largely hidden. Air cooled bikes take a hit in both performance (heat takes a toll), reliability (ditto), and also in air quality. Most motorcycles (and even HD with its V-Rod line) have embraced the benefits of water cooled engines. It will be interesting to see what comes out of that. Hope that this weekend I can get into some motorcycle items of note here in the Richmond area, where I will be spending the weekend. I also have a trip planned to the mountains and am looking forward to that, and will be sharing photos of that trip. A motorcycle mecca of sorts, sure to be some great motorcycle photos there, plus some of one of the best riding areas in the US. Thanks for visiting my page!

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...