Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Charlotte Vulcan Riders

On Saturday, July 3, prior to my motorcycle maintenance project (see previous post) I visited with the Charlotte Vulcan Riders. From just a few short years, the chapter (which is Chapter 1-7 of the Vulcan Riders Association) has grown by leaps and bounds. In fact, for the second year in a row they are hosting the 5th Annual Vulcan Rally, which will again be held in Robbinsville, NC. The rally location will be Kickstand Lodge there, and the location in the NC mountains also is very close to the legendary "Tail of the Dragon". Though I will be unable to attend this rally, I look forward to news and photos from friends there. It will be a great time.
It was great to see so many good friends, I have been on a couple of rides with them; unfortunately due to my current life situation (in a sort of limbo between Richmond, VA and Charlotte, NC) with work, I don't get to ride with them as often as I would like. They are a great riding club, as well as having some awesome gatherings of other sorts. If you are looking for a fine bunch of guys and gals to hit the open roads with (and there are few finer roads to ride than those of North and South Carolina) this group is well worthy of your attention. I hope before the Summer/Fall is out to make a few rides with them, they are a ton of fun!

No comments:

Last Ride of 2023 (October 27, 2023)

End of the ride here at home, sights below are during the ride. cCme across the Harley and the sidecar at the gas station. Talked with owner...