Saturday, March 6, 2010

New 2010 Honda Stateside and Interstate

Been looking forward to seeing these, and on a Saturday in Richmond, just a bit before heading out for some overtime hours at work went to see them. HondaHouse on Hull Street got these two bikes in just two days ago, and wanted to see them. My previous motorcycle was a Honda Shadow 600...a very good ride and prior to that an older (like 1970s era) Honda 550 which I picked up for a song and got running again (it is how I got back into motorcycling after a few years layoff). Honda makes some great motorcycles, and these are prime examples. I like the look of these new models, which to me have a lot of the Honda Fury look to them.
Both bikes can be seen here in this rear shot (and the Stateside at top. The Interstate comes with bags and a windshield (it is the bike at left) while the Stateside is at right in the rear shot. Both have the Honda VTX1300 engine which is watercooled, and has shaft drive. I like the wheels which have a custom look, and the modern instruments (though more of a cruiser type tank instrument rather than the digital type pod of the Fury. Both sit low and have forward type controls for that cruiser look. I noted that the Stateside (unlike the Interstate) has footpegs, as I know from my Vulcan that will give it a bit more lean (the Vulcan tends to drag the floorboards in hard cornering.
Here is a side view of the two bikes. Both are nice to sit on, and have a good feel. I did not get to ride them (which would have made my day) but certainly was a treat to see them. Glad to see Honda is making some changes in their line, some of the models were getting dated (the Sabre which is not in yet, is also getting changes along these lines).
As for me, enjoyed seeing these bikes and a lot of people out riding today. My bike is 300 miles away, but will certainly be in my thoughts today at work. After a long hard winter, spring is certainly in the air (though a few days off officially) but a nice preview this weekend of warmer days to come...and the glories of motorcycling in the Spring!

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...