Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines Day Weekend in NC

Pretty wild weekend in Carolina; though was the day after the snow fall on Saturday February 13 when I stopped in RideNow, Concord, NC to take these photos. The photo at left is a Honda Shadow, and as a former Honda Shadow owner I like that line of motorcycles. Had one (the VTX600) for eight years, and it was a great bike. I am not sure to be honest...think this might be a 2010 model (should have looked on the bike) but like the styling of it. Honda makes some real fine motorcycles, and I have been fortunate to have a few (though...knock on wood over the years have never really had a "bad" bike. This seems to be the new "bobber" style that I read about coming out this year.

As for this one, I do know for sure this is a brand new 2010 Honda NT700V. I think of it sort of as a pocket verson of the ST-1300. I have read that it has the same 700cc V-twin engine as the DN-01 Honda (the red bike) next to it; said to be a very good motor. For sure should give good fuel economy thanks to the fairing, and the size will also help. Has good storage for a day or overnight trip, and when I sat on it, seemed to have a lot of room for a taller rider (of which I am one). I liked this motorcycle when I read about it, liked it when I sat on it. Think this could be a real good econo-tourer and a fun motorcycle.
As for my Kawasaki Vulcan 1500, attempted to start it, but the battery is once again dead. I could recharge it again, but after almost five years, I think its time to invest in a new one which I plan to do soon. I might wait until early March; be nice to get it before the really cold weather of late can take a toll on it. Riding this weekend was out of the question anyhow thanks to the weekend snow in the Concord area. Many winters do little more than a short pause to the riding season (if that) but this has been an un-typical Carolina weather. I even got photos today of snow (and not just flakes, but actual measurable snow) from a friend in Charleston, SC. Good news though is Spring is just a few weeks away!

No comments:

Back in the Saddle (May 1, 2024)

At long last, got back out on the Triumph once again for the 2024 riding season. Was a long but fun winter and a wet Spring, but things are ...