Sunday, February 28, 2010

Bikes on view in Concord, NC

Got back to Concord the weekend of February 27-29 and had a great visit with my family. I was not able to get the bike started again (battery has for sure bit the dust) but did get out to Iron Thunder in Concord, NC and enjoyed hanging out with motorcycle people there while my bike is down. A friend from work here (Keith) and former riding buddy (he sold his bike last year) visited with me. Got a photo of Iron Thunder above. I also took a photo of the new Camaro (I used to have one of those a few years ago) and the bikes next to it from the Iron Thunder parking lot. Behind those is Pat Rogers Harley-Davidson in Concord, NC and we visited that for a little while.
Real fond of the V-Rod "line" which started with one bike, and has turned into a few. This version of the V-Rod has a 1250cc engine, and of course like all the V-Rods is water-cooled. I think it is one of the finest Harley's on the road, and a really neat design. Of course the purists are not big fans of the V-Rods but rather like the air cooled engines. To each their own, but all the Japanese motorcycles I have ridden the last couple of decades are water-cooled, and I love them (prior to that had Japanese air cooled bikes...a long line). Really like the look of the Harley's, but those price tags are pretty scary. For the price of this one, I would be able to get two of my 1500's (though the 1500's are no longer in production). Still it is a remarkable piece of engineering. Hopefully by the next visit home, I will be back on the road again, although my big Kawasaki is waiting for me to fire it up!

2 comments:

Ashley Shaun said...

wao what a nice view of the bikes and i like it so much. thanks for sharing us.

Motorcycle Clothing

carolinabiker said...

Thanks Ashley, I appreciate that!

Back in the Saddle (May 1, 2024)

At long last, got back out on the Triumph once again for the 2024 riding season. Was a long but fun winter and a wet Spring, but things are ...