Saturday, January 9, 2010

Scoot Richmond (January 9, 2010


Pretty good day. Went by Legends in Richmond, Va for a taste of local beer (only in moderation though...got to say that was very good), and dropped into Scoot Richmond. Nice place with very friendly people; and no high pressure. I also enjoyed visiting with a very neat Pit Bull in there; was a sweet dog (and I am for sure a dog person). Had bikes that I saw from 50cc to 300cc. Some of those would be great (especially the bigger ones) for bopping around Richmond. All are automatic (or all I saw) which makes them great for beginning riders.
Back in Carolina in a local motorcycle magazine a biker was raising hell about moped riders, saying they were not paying their fair share (if under a certain CC in VA and NC no license is required). I disagree..to me a biker is a biker. I like those, great gas milege, simple operation. Those Scoot Richmond sells (mostly) Taiwan made brands, many of the mainline companies also sell these type of bikes. Always impressed with the Suzuki Bergman...a 650cc range bike, lots of storage, and good amount of power. Not for me yet, but someday? Perhaps as they develop further they would be a very viable alternative to mainline motorcycles.

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...