Monday, April 27, 2009

Riding Back in Carolina (April 26, 2009)


Back to Concord this weekend, drove on Saturday morning April 25 down I-95/I-85. Lots of motorcycles out enjoying the upper 80 weather and bright cloudless skies. I got the honor of joining them Sunday April 26, when I rode around the Concord, NC area. Beautiful weather and a great ride. Took the time to visit some friends but also got out and enjoyed the open road. Being in Richmond is sometimes hard, but always wonderful to be back home and felt good to be on the motorcycle again. I also went by Speedway Harley-Davidson where I saw this Bobcat themed mototorcycle; liked it a great deal. Got out for some two and a half hours, and really, really enjoyed it. I needed that ride; its been a tough period here in Richmond, always good to be home!
Noted that the DMV now has license tags for motorcycles in North Carolina with a Blue Ridge Parkway theme. They look pretty neat and cost just a little more than the plain jane tags the state issues to motorcycles. Check them out at the NC DMV web site.
Besides that, big ride coming up next Saturday with the Classic Bike Show at the NC Transportation Museum in Spencer. Went last year and had a real good time. Looking forward to (weather permitting) doing that show again next Saturday May 2. Will have a glorious four days in Concord, look for my next post then!

No comments:

Morning Ride (May 2, 2024)

Got out for a real short ride this morning. While out said hello to the family and their kids. A lot of those in the neighborhood of late. R...